MediaBrix is a mobile first ad platform that taps into human emotion to drive performance. We deliver premium brand experiences that guarantee user receptivity by leveraging a suite of proprietary ad units and technology.
Position Title: Sales Director
Reports to: VP Canada
Are you a sales superstar? Are you passionate about mobile and video? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we should talk! We’re looking for a sales hot shot with digital media sales experience, drive, and a penchant for winning! You’ll call on named agencies & clients in your territory and work with a bright and ambitious team to support pre and post-sale efforts. In this role you’ll engage both clients and agencies to assess their communications needs and develop big ideas to fulfill those needs. You’ll meet agency planners and buyers as well key clients’ media and brand execs to get a “360-degree view” of the business need and solve their marketing challenges. You’ll understand how best to position MediaBrix’s unique, brand-oriented media solutions. The role requires you to work closely with key MediaBrix stakeholders in planning, marketing and account management, as well as product management and business development.
Competitive performance-based pay package.
About the Role:
- Grow MediaBrix’s media revenue by calling on digital media agencies and their clients. Expand revenue from existing clients and build and close a new business pipeline.
- VP Canada
- Marketing Strategist / Sales Planning (NY)
- Account Management (NY)
- 3-5+ years digital media sales experience
- Understanding of digital media – mobile and or video experience is a plus!
- A solid understanding of the media buying & planning process, moreover key players
- Proven track-record in generating leads, closing new business and renewing accounts
- A better than average understanding of video delivery standards and topics including viewability and audience composition
- Experience achieving goals and not fazed by targets or metrics
You must be able to:
- Deliver on a personal revenue number
- Spot opportunities, set up meetings with planners & buyers
- A great listener and be thorough in your follow-ups to meetings
- An exceptional communicator, both written & verbal
- Quickly understand how to work with internal stakeholders to develop solutions for your clients
- Clearly & persuasively present the MediaBrix solution
- Communicate clearly and precisely both internally and externally teams (directly and through the agencies’ online tools)
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Work independently with some guidance from management
- A quick study who can and understand a fairly complex & technical media sale
- Focused on accountability and not afraid of getting into the detail of the products and job to be done
- Gregarious: enjoy being part of the media industry and building relationships with clients and agencies
- Able to use both your left & right sides of your brain to understand and translate MediaBrix’ value proposition
The Wow Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Have a nice fat rolodex of some Canada’s biggest shops
- Have called on clients and understand how marketing & media organizations operate
- Have closed million dollar deals with lots of moving parts
- Were a college athlete, student leader, or won your high school spelling bee contest!